Louis Dreyfus Travocean has been contracted by Alcatel-Lucent Submarine Networks Ltd to perform the laying and burial operations of 2 sections of fibre optic cable for the Sea Lion system linking Santahamina in Finland to Rostock in Germany in the Baltic sea.
The two portions of cables are the following:
- Rostock, Germany, 9.7 Km: separate shore-end, laying, post burial and installation of articulated pipes.
- Gedser Bank, Denmark, 8.2 Km: laying and post burial in low water depths
Louis Dreyfus Travocean performed the following activities:
- Engineering and project management
- Mobilisation in Dunkirk of ROVJET404 onboard the vessel DPV Supporter
- Offshore operational phase:
- Loading of the 2 lengths of cable in Calais
- Transit to Gedser Bank, Denmark / Calibrations and tests
- Installation and burial on Gedser Bank’s site
- Transit to Rostock
- Installation, protection and burial on Rostock’s site
- Transit to Dunkirk
- Demobilisation of equipment
- Project documentation and final report including depth of burial for each section of cable.
Schedule : November 2015 to January 2016